Creative Investment Research, Inc. released its listing of the top women and minority owned financial institutions (banks and thrifts). The listing, using 2005 financial, demographic, HMDA and CRA information from a database maintained by Creative Investment Research, was compiled using the firm's proprietary Fully Adjusted Returntm Index. The Fully Adjusted Returntm Index provides a full description of the economic condition and social responsiveness of a financial institution.
The index summarizes information concerning:
- Social needs in the area the financial institution serves;
- Responsiveness of the financial institution in meeting those social needs; and
- Financial performance of the institution.
Data on each of these areas is collected and evaluated independently. Once collected, the information is summarized and the index is calculated.
Top Five Minority Institutions
- BLACK - United Bank of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA.
- HISPANIC - Community Commerce Bank, Los Angeles, CA. 323-888-8777;
- HISPANIC - Ponce de Leon FSB (NY); Bronx, NY. 718-931-9000;
- NATIVE - Canyon National Bank, Palm Springs, CA. 760-325-4442;
- NATIVE - Peoples Bank, Westville, OK. 918-723-5453;
If you contact any of these institutions, do us a favor....let them
know you found them here!!
TO GET THE FULL LIST OF RANKINGS FOR OVER 180 MINORITY OWNED BANKS AND
For information on minority-owned brokerage firms and other financial institutions,
call 866-867-3795 or send us an email (see below.....)